We are a well-established, community-based toy library situated at the Three Lamps end of Ponsonby which started in 1992. Operating just like a book library, with membership you can borrow up to ten toys from our range of over 1,700 items for three weeks at a time.
Our ever evolving range of known and loved brands of toys can be enjoyed by babies aged from six months to children up to seven years.
Children and parents alike enjoy visiting our extensive rooms of toys – the excitement generated by the anticipation to play with new toys is hard to suppress!
We work on a come in and see what amazing toys we have basis, and suggest to start with this is the best option to find out how we work and what we are about.
We recommend your family come in and chat with our librarian Cara and have a look around at what we have to offer any time during our hours of operation.
We also offer party and baby equipment for hire (see our toys).
* Our huge selection of toys offer on-going variety for your children’s growing imagination.
* We buy at least one new toy per week!
* We offer age appropriate toys to ensure your child is learning though play at each developmental stage.
* Our toys are looked after and replaced regularly.
* An excellent way to interact with your child and understand their growth and progression by discovering new toys together.
* Once a toy has been explored it doesn’t clutter your home or become landfill, but gets replaced.
* A great way to keep children entertained.
* Be involved with a fun, not-for-profit community organisation that welcomes families Auckland wide!
* Get 1,700 toys worth of fun and learning while only paying $110 per year for Duty Members!
Tuesday & Friday: 9.30 – 11.45am. Saturday: 9am – 12 noon
3 Dedwood Terrace
St Marys Bay, Auckland
(Next to Plunket Rooms on corner of Jervois Road)